Your Simple, HIPAA-Compliant Patient Portal for COVID Testing and More
• Works With the Full LabLynx COVIDLiMS Solution Suite
• Can Be Deployed Independently
• Simple to Use
• Quick to Set Up
What is GetTested.me?
The LabLynx GetTested.me Patient Portal is the perfect answer for getting test results to patients, especially in high-throughput scenarios like epidemics or pandemics. Suitable for public health systems or independent labs, it’s quick to deploy and easy for patients to use.
Built using the same technology as our HIPAA-compliant physician portal, it is specifically engineered to avoid time-consuming manual approval and setup of each new user, so that precious time and resources need not be diverted. Patients self-register, receive a barcoded “ticket” that is presented and scanned during sample collection, and receive their result automatically via the portal. Transcription errors are eliminated, and samples are associated with the patient at point of collection (POC) using the SIC kit. All resting and in-transit data are encrypted, ensuring full HIPAA compliance.
How It Works
Patients can be employees, students, council or board members, government representatives – anyone in any kind of organization. Testing may be done by CLIA or CLIA-waived labs, with sample collection and transport done by either qualified lab personnel, independent hires or through physicians or medical groups.
- Patient navigates to the lab’s unique GetTested.me site (e.g. Mylab.gettested.me) and creates an account using OpenSocial. Patient logs in and enters required information into GetTested.me online form.
- Patient information is saved on secure dedicated database. Patient receives email with QR coded "ticket" for sample collection event, which they can print or display on their phone or mobile device.
- Patient attends scheduled sampling event, ticket QR code is scanned using LabLynx SIC (Sample Information Collection) kit and information verified. The SIC kit prints a barcoded label, which is affixed to sample at POC (Point of Collection).
- Sample is transported to lab. Lab scans sample label and accessions sample for testing. Laboratory LIMS accesses data as needed for processing.
- Once result is ready, report is sent to GetTested.me database and made available to patient. The patient is notified via normal email that their result is ready, and they log into GetTested.me to view/download result report.
The whole LabLynx COVIDLiMS Solution Suite is designed to let labs offer complete services to businesses, agencies and any organizations such as care facilities/nursing homes, churches, local councils, other government bodies, educational facilities (colleges, schools) and in fact any entity concerned with pathogen testing, especially during an epidemic or pandemic such as COVID-19.
Account Signup: OpenSocial
The use of LabLynx’s exclusive SSO (Single Sign-On) OpenSocial authentication service ensures easy and secure login – not only to the GetTested.me site, but to any and all other modules, apps or resources that may be added – without having to manage multiple passwords. Importantly, patients can log in using their own existing social media accounts with which they are familiar and comfortable, or create a new one.
Sign On/Sign Up With OpenSocial Authentication Service